Application fee: $50
Student fee: $330 – This includes the cost of the student handbook, fall testing and the student activity fee. It does not include additional fees incurred for AP testing exams, classes or other special events.
Holding fee: $500 – Once a student has been accepted, the applicant must pay a non-refundable $500 holding fee. This holding fee will be applied towards the 2017-2018 tuition.
Books: $350-$400 – Book purchases are made directly from the Classbook.com bookstore. Payment is made directly to Classbook.com.
International student fee: $3,485 – This includes the application fee, student orientation(s), English Language Learner (ELL) and TOEFL services.
Other fees: This includes Yearbook, graduation, special tests, supplies for certain classes and online books or labs. These fees will be billed separately each semester.
We believe in making an education at MGA accessible to as many girls in Maine as possible, offering flexible payment schedules as well as scholarships and tuition assistance. To learn more contact the Admission Office at (207) 797-3802 ext. 2022.
You may qualify for the following discounts:
- Sibling Discount – There is a reduction of $2,000 for the second and subsequent daughter’s tuition.
- Early Action/Admission Discount – There is a $300 discount for early application and admission.
- Payment of tuition annually – $300
- Payment of tuition semi-annually – $200
- Learn about Our Tuition Assistance Program
Schedule for Tuition Payment Plans 2017-2018:
The Maine Girls’ Academy has contracted with FACTS Management Company to help us manage our tuition collection program. FACTS serves over 1800 schools nationally and is used by nearly 200,000 families. FACTS payments can be made through checking or savings accounts.
For families paying tuition semi-annually or monthly, enrollment in FACTS is mandatory. You must enroll in those plans online through this link.
FACTS charges the following one-time yearly fees:
- Semi-annually – $10 per family
- Quarterly or monthly – $41 per family
|Payment Plan||Due Dates|
|OPTION #1 – ACTUAL COST OF EDUCATION – Paid directly to The Maine Girls’ Academy by cash, money order, personal or cashier’s check.||$21,680 ($17,580 (full tuition of $17,250 plus $330 in fees) will be applied to tuition and the balance of $4,100 as a tax deductible contribution)|
|OPTION #2 – FULL PAYMENT – Paid directly to The Maine Girls’ Academy by cash, money order, personal or cashier’s check.||$17,280 (full tuition of $17,250 plus $330 in fees less a discount of $300, the holding fee, applicable discounts and financial aid)
Due by 6/5/17
OPTION #3 – SEMI-ANNUAL – made through FACTS Tuition Management Company. Direct debits from your checking or savings account.
|$17,380 (full tuition of $17,250 plus $330 in fees less a discount of $200, the holding fee, applicable discounts and financial aid) plus a $10 annual fee billed by FACTS
1st payment – 50% – Due 6/5/17
2nd payment – 50% – Due 12/5/17
|OPTION #4 – MONTHLY PAYMENT PLAN – made through FACTS Tuition Management Company. Direct debits from your checking or savings account.||$17,580 (full tuition of $17,250 plus $330 in fees less the holding fee, applicable discounts and financial aid) plus a $41 annual fee billed by FACTS
Due Dates: Equal monthly payments beginning June 2017
Any automatic payment missed due to insufficient funds will be reattempted on the next available payment date. Your account will be assessed a NSF fee by FACTS for each occurrence, and you may incur a fee from your own bank.
The Maine Girls’ Academy Financial Policies 2017-2018:
- Students will receive a schedule of classes only when:
- Fees and tuition from the previous year are paid in full.
- The non-refundable holding fee for 2017-2018 is paid in full.
- All tuition documents have been signed and returned to the school.
- An account is opened with FACTS Management Company (if applicable).
- All tuition payments are due on time, according to the tuition plan selected.
- If parents/guardians fail to pay the full tuition by its applicable due date, the student may not be permitted to attend classes, take mid-term or final examinations, may not be granted credit for course work completed and/or may be denied re-enrollment until all outstanding tuition bills are paid.
- If more than one person is responsible for payment of tuition, The Maine Girls’ Academy reserves the right to inform the other responsible party if the account becomes more than 30 days delinquent.
- The Maine Girls’ Academy has the right to take legal action to collect school tuition and fees. Parents/Guardians will be responsible for all costs of collection, including court expenses and reasonable attorney’s fees.
- Tuition payments for plans 3, 4, and financial aid applications are to be made through FACTS Management Company. Links to financial aid applications are available on the MGA website.
Length of Contract and Cancellation:
Once a student enrolls at The Maine Girls’ Academy, it is understood that she will remain enrolled at MGA for the entire academic year. The Maine Girls’ Academy commits to the faculty and staff and contracts for services on a yearly basis according to the number of students enrolled at the beginning of the academic year. Consequently, it is expressly understood by the parents/guardians that the obligation to pay tuition is as follows:
- Withdrawal before July 1, 2017 = forfeit of tuition monies paid to date up to $3000
- Withdrawal between July 1 – October 1, 2017 = 50% of full tuition is owed and payable
- Withdrawal after October 1, 2017 = 100% of full tuition is owed and payable
In the event MGA determines that continued enrollment at MGA is not in the best interest of the student or the school, the school reserves the right to advise the parent/guardian, terminate the enrollment and contract and refuse a tuition refund.
For more information, please contact Dorothy Olaru, Director of Finance & Operations, at (207) 797-3802 ext. 2034.