Evening Custodian – part time
Position Description: Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, the Custodian will be responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of the building. Primary responsibilities include housekeeping and sanitary care, repairs and maintenance projects.
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, the Custodian will be responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of the building. Primary responsibilities include housekeeping and sanitary care, repairs and maintenance projects.
The selected candidate will have the knowledge, skill, and abilities highlighted in the job description as well as a high school diploma or GED. The selected candidate will be required to perform manual labor including, but not limited to, lifting up to 51 lbs, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, twisting, bending, climbing and repetitive motion.
Examples of work:
- General building maintenance: clean bathrooms, dust, wash windows, scrub walls, clean furniture, fill dispensers, move furniture, wash chalkboards and clean trays, replace light bulbs, remove gum, clean drinking fountains, clean trash cans, make minor repairs, check and clean equipment, open and secure building
- Floor maintenance: pick up trash from floors, vacuum, sweep, dry and wet mop, scrub and wax
- Outdoor maintenance: pick up lawn debris, shovel snow, clean sidewalks
- Operate cleaning equipment: vacuum cleaner, scrubber, wet and dry mops, brooms
- Perform other duties as assigned
Hours: 25 hours/week. High volume weeks around school activities and events will require additional hours (including weekends) to be mutually determined based on needs
Start Date: Immediately
Credential Requirements: Maine State fingerprint (CHRC) authorization. Cost $70. Website: http://www.maine.gov/doe/cert/fingerprinting/index.html
Submit: Please email your resume, letter of interest AND contact info for three professional references to Dorothy Olaru, Director of Finance and Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org