The Tuition Assistance program at The Maine Girls’ Academy is designed to help families who are unable to meet the financial obligation of the full tuition and fees and who have demonstrated financial need. Awards are made for a one-year period and must be renewed each year. The amount of each award is determined by family need, the number of applicants, the amount of financial aid available and the timely completion of the application.
All tuition in arrears and fees must be paid; otherwise, the Tuition Assistance application will be denied.
All families who would like to be considered for Tuition Assistance will need to complete an online application with FACTS.
Beginning November 1, applicants may access the FACTS website. All necessary supporting documentation must be submitted to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment by January 31 of each year.
Along with this aid, there is a requirement to perform work study assignments. These assignments are on campus and made around the student’s school schedule.
1. All required information must be submitted for the application to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. Applications must be submitted online to FACTS.
3. Additional required documents to be submitted to FACTS include current year tax returns, schedules, and a current W-2 form.
4. Submission of an application is no guarantee of assistance.
5. A student must be enrolled before her work grant application will be reviewed.
6. A letter will be sent to the parent(s)/guardian(s) by the end of March notifying them of the award amount.
7. Other assistance funds may become available from time-to-time. Those eligible for these funds will be notified of their availability.
If you have difficulty with your application, a parent helpline can be accessed at 1-866-315-9262. It is staffed Monday-Thursday from 10:00-7:00 PM and Friday from 10:00-5:00 PM CST.
For more information, please contact Dorothy Olaru, Director of Finance & Operations, at (207) 797-3802 ext. 2034.
In addition to the Tuition Assistance that is awarded, MGA has multiple scholarships that are available to deserving young women. The Maine Girls’ Academy scholarships are granted to students who excel in academics, exhibit leadership, demonstrate high interest in co-curricular activities and participate generously in their community. Students interested in applying for a scholarship must submit their completed scholarship packet by February 28th. Scholarship winners will be notified in March.
Click Here for scholarships available for the 2017-2018 academic year
Click Here for the Scholarship Application