The Guidance and Counseling Department of The Maine Girls’ Academy is dedicated to the academic, college, career and personal needs of its students. Our professional staff provides a support network for students as they adjust to high school life and develop throughout their four years.
- Academic advising
- Career and college planning
- Individual counseling and referrals
- Coordination, consulting and collaborating with students, parents and teachers
- Academic testing
- Parent/student information sessions
Student and parent appointments may be scheduled during a student’s free period or before/after school by contacting the administrative assistant or the counselor directly. The Guidance Office is open from 7:30-3:30 PM during the school year and by request.
Commonly Requested Documents:
- MGA Profile for Colleges, available in August 2016
- MGA Student Handbook
- Know What to Expect in High School
- Transcript Request (for alumnae), available in August 2016*
* Official transcript requests must be made in writing and can be obtained by submitting our Transcript Request/Release of Records form. Necessary information includes your name (maiden name if married) at the time of graduation, year of graduation and the name and address of the institution where the transcript is to be sent. There is a fee of $5.00 for a transcript request.
For more information, please contact Marie Eschner, Director of Guidance, at (207) 797-3802 ext. 2060.